We’re so excited to have you join us for our Level 2 unit studies for the 2021/2022 school year! This year, we are trying to give you as much advance notice as we can to get books for your lessons. Throughout the year, we’ll be updating this blog post with the books you’ll need, aiming to update you at least a month before you need them.
Your other supplies needed will come in you bi-weekly emails, but we highly recommend having these supplies on hand to cut down on what you’ll need to order for each week.
We have linked each book below so you can order it on Amazon (we love their used books to cut costs), but we encourage you to check your local libraries and secondhand book stores to save even more. We will also include links if the book is available online to read, or you can search on YouTube for read alouds (we even have a few of our own here!).
- A Second, A Minute, A Week With Days In It: A Book About Time by Brian P. Cleary
- The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle (or read it on OpenLibrary here)
- Sing a Song of Seasons: A Nature Poem for Each Day of the Year by various authors (this one is an investment, but you will use it so much for Tea + Poetry throughout the year!)
- A Child’s Introduction to Art: The World’s Greatest Paintings and Sculptures by Heather Alexander (similar to the above, we will reference this book throughout the year)
- How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World by Marjorie Priceman (read it on OpenLibrary here or listen a read aloud here)
- Blossom to Apple (Where Food Comes From) by Sarah Ridley
- Apples to Oregon by Deborah Hopkinson (or listen to this read aloud)
- Apple Fractions by Jerry Pallotta (or read it on OpenLibrary here)
Fall Harvest Unit
- From Seed to Plant by Gail Gibbons (or read it on OpenLibrary here)
- From Seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeffer (or read it on OpenLibrary here)
- Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White (or read it on OpenLibrary here)
***Post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through a link, we may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting our small business!***