We’re so excited to have you join us for our Level 1 unit studies for the 2021/2022 school year! This year, we are trying to give you as much advance notice as we can to get books for your lessons. Throughout the year, we’ll be updating this blog post with the books you’ll need, aiming to update you at least a month before you need them.
Your other supplies needed will come in you bi-weekly emails, but we highly recommend having these supplies on hand to cut down on what you’ll need to order for each week.
We have linked each book below so you can order it on Amazon (we love their used books to cut costs), but we encourage you to check your local libraries and secondhand book stores to save even more. We will also include links if the book is available online to read, or you can search on YouTube for read alouds (we even have a few of our own here!).
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle (read it here on OpenLibrary or listen to it on YouTube here)
- Telling Time with Big Mama Cat by Barry Moser and Cara Moser (or read it here on OpenLibrary)
- Sing a Song of Seasons: A Nature Poem for Each Day of the Year by various authors (this one is an investment, but we will reference it throughout the year)
- How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World by Marjorie Priceman (read it on OpenLibrary here or listen to a read aloud here)
- How do Apples Grow? by Jill McDonald
- Apple Countdown by Joan Holub
Fall Harvest Unit
- From Seed to Plant by Gail Gibbons (or read it on OpenLibrary here)
- From Seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeffer (or read it on OpenLibrary here)
- Hello, Harvest Moon by Ralph Fletcher
***Post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through a link, we may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting our small business!***