This simple game is a great way to get your child moving while encouraging letter recognition, gross motor skills, and proprioception, or the awareness of your body in space.
- large roll of kraft paper
- crayon or marker
- tape to hold down paper (optional, but encouraged)
- Unroll 4-6 feet of paper and tape the ends to the floor. (If more than one child is playing, make your sheet bigger or unroll two pieces of paper.)
- Write the letters from the word “dinosaur” on different parts of the paper, alternating between upper and lower case letters.
- Call out different letters (identifying upper or lower case if your child has that ability), and have your child “dino stomp” on the correct letter.
- Need an upgrade? Play “Twister” and have your child identify the letters with their right or left hand or foot. (Example: “Right hand on the lower case ‘i’! Left foot on the upper case ‘D’!”)
***Post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through a link, we may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting our small business!***